Thursday, December 18, 2008

Daisy is Home!

Daisy came home last night after being at UT for a week. She is doing very well. Her leg is swollen; but, it looks better than it did before surgery. I think the biggest improvement is in her elbow. I can't believe how much smaller it is. She had so much scar tissue that it was as big as a tennis ball. The surgeon cleaned it up as much as possible.

I feel so bad for Daisy. She has to wear a e-collar any time that I am not with her. She is not wearing a cast. The doctors wanted her to use her leg as soon as possible. They felt a cast would discourage her from doing that.

She has to have ice on her leg three times a day. That's an adventure! I can't believe this sweet dog just had such an invasive surgery and she is ready to run and play already! Of course she is not allowed to do that - which makes her recovery a challenge. Daisy has pain medication which seems to sedate her. She sleeps a lot.

I do have pictures of her that I hope to post later today. Please keep Daisy in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Eduardo said...

YEAH Daisy's home! My Mommy is praying for sweet Daisy, & I'm still snuggling! I hope we can get some donations! I'm so sorry that I can't help more! I'll try to spread the word more!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Bruschi said...

Hi Daisy! I read about you on Eduardo's blog! I really hope everything works out for you!! I'll be keeping my paws crossed!

Hugs and Licks, Bruschi the Puggle

Clover said...

So glad to hear Daisy is home! I posted about her on my blog and put up the badge that Eduardo's mommy made. We are keeping you in our thoughts.
Love Clover xo